Mission Statement

Life on the farm is good

It is where mankind began

It is where mankind will return


Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

I know first hand Honduran corruption

yes...
the sound of plenty of good men doing nothing...
is deafening...

Oh gods' of war...
Oh gods' of oil...
Oh gods' of drugs...
On my knees before you today...
I humbly submit to your powers...
I will let the world suffer...
I will look the other way as people die...
I will allow the gods' to destroy our rain forests'...
Oh almighty gods'...
I beg of you...
I offer my children to you...
Spare my riches...
I beg of you my gods'...
Spare my riches...

~Tomas

~

Many have accused me in the last several days of being anti Honduran government...
I am against suppressing the people of any nation for personal gain...

As I watch all the flag waving...
The marches for defending the Honduran constitution...
Forced to watch a interim president preach about supposed democracy...
Memories come back to me...

I am a seasoned veteran of anti American tactics in Honduras...
There is no law in Honduras...

I have been jailed illegally in Honduras...
Deported illegally from Honduras...
Gunshot five times...
Defamed - Falsely accused of using Indigenous tribes and Campesinos to enrich myself...

In March of 1990...
At gunpoint I was arrested and detained by Honduran immigration - Honduran military - and Honduran police on the Rio Patuca...
I was detained in Juticalpa for one night...
Forced to sleep on the floor with my ex wife...
Death threats were made to me by the immigration official who arrested me...
From there I was jailed in Tegucigalpa for five days...
I was jailed with five Contra fighters friends...
We were forced into a jail cell - 6.5 X 6.5 feet square - together with 22 other prisoners...
Water was thrown on us...
I was transferred to another jail cell with 75 prisoners...
We slept and urinated on the same floor...

I fought my illegal deportation from 1990 - 1995...
In 1995 the Honduran government pardoned my deportation...
The deportation was called incompetent and illegal...
I can reason with Honduran president Manuel Zelaya...
Seems little has changed in Honduras since 1990...

In 1997 I was gunshot five times because two Hondurans had been deported from the United States...

In 2000 I was defamed in an Honduran English speaking newspaper called "Honduras This Week"...
They never proved a single accusation against me...
The American embassy said it was the worst defamation they had ever seen...
"Honduras This Week" never printed a retraction...

Still today - 2009 - there are constant false accusations made against me...
The Honduran government has done nothing to stop the false accusations...

Honduras encourages Hondurans to head North looking for employment...
Yet Honduras does not protect the interests of foreigners in Honduras...
I am witness to other Americans who have lost their business - farm - or personal possessions in Honduras...
At the present time an American in Lake Yajoa is under constant death threats...
His business has been confiscated...
Another American just had a shot gun pointed at his head...
He is being stalked...
Honduran authorities are doing nothing...

Honduras must stop spitting in the face of those who help them....
America is the first place Hondurans turn to in a crisis...
Over one million Hondurans work in the United States...
Because not a single Honduran president has done anything to employ Hondurans...

How come Hondurans will not allow a handful of Americans to live in Honduras in peace...
The hypocrisy must stop...

Despite of my experiences in Honduras...
I still call Honduras my home...
I still work with Campesinos...
I will not die on my knees...



In 1990 "Honduras This Week" defamed me during my Post Hurricane Mitch Rio Patuca humanitarian project



Indigenous Tawahka tribe letter stating "Honduras This week" accusations false...



2 comments:

  1. BOOK!!!! I will say again Tomas, BOOK!!! Then movie. Book First...Your life story much better than mine. Much better. I want to know more, hear more, read more, yet I cant because its a scanned image and I cant see it. Google doesn't have it, so I am left only with the above.

    Book sir, you have a great book. It needs to be written before you leave this place.

    Thank you for sharing the above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy safe guarded...

    I thought all of this was behind me...

    Yet I feel the truth must be told...

    Thank you Meno for your support...

    ReplyDelete

I will not allow comments that are are lies...